There are 10 eBooks titles Open Access for City U community to access. It`s covers various subjects to support your learning and teaching process.
|1||B.C. OPEN TEXTBOOK||• The B.C. Open Textbook is a subset of open educational resources (OER) and reside in the public domain — where copyrights have been waived by the copyright holder or copyright has expired — or have been released by the copyright holder under an open-copyright licence.|
• eBooks available for Art & Design, Business, Computer Science, Education, Engineering, Hospitality/Tourism, Law/Criminal Justice, Mathematic/Statistic and etc.
|2||BOOKBOON||• Require login (Free registration)|
• 1,000 free PDF ebooks, written by professors from the world’s top universities, all on one easy-to-use online ebook platform.
|3||DIRECTORY OF OPEN ACCESS BOOK||• The directory is open to all publishers who publish academic, peer reviewed books in Open Access and should contain as many books as possible, provided that these publications are in Open Access and meet academic standards.|
• eBooks available for Agriculture and Food Sciences, Arts and Architecture, Biology and Life Sciences, Business and Economics, Chemistry, Earth and Environmental Sciences, General, Works, Health Sciences, History and Archaeology, Languages and Literatures, Law and Political Science, Mathematics and Statistics, Philosophy and Religion, Physics and Astronomy, Science General, Social Sciences, and Technology and Engineering.
|4||FREETECHBOOKS||• This site lists free online computer science, engineering and programming books, textbooks and lecture notes, all of which are legally and freely available over the Internet.|
• Categories available are Computer Science Books, Mathematics Books, Supporting Fields Books, Operating System Books, Programming/Scripting Books, and Miscellaneous Books.
|5||MANYBOOKS||• Reguire login (Free registration)|
• eBooks with variety of genres: Romance, Action &Adventure, Mystery & Thriller, Biographies & History, Children’s, Young Adult, Fantasy, Historical Fiction, Horror, Literary Fiction, Non-Fiction and Science Fiction.
|6||MILNE OPEN TEXTBOOK||• Milne Library Publishing at SUNY Geneseo manages and maintains Milne Open Textbooks, a catalog of open textbooks authored and peer-reviewed by SUNY faculty and staff.|
|7||OPEN TEXTBOOK LIBRARY||• The Open Textbook Library are licensed by authors and publishers to be freely used and adapted. Supported by the Open Education Network.|
• eBooks available for Business, Computer Science, Education, Engineering, Humanities, Journalism, Media Studies & Communications, Law, Mathematics, Medicine, Natural Sciences, Social Sciences and Student Success
|8||OPENSTAX CNX||• The content in OpenStax CNX comes in two formats: Pages, which are like small “knowledge chunks,” and Books, which are groups of Pages. Our open license allows for free use and reuse of all our content.|
• eBooks available for Arts, Business, Humanities, Mathematics and Statistics, Science and Technology and Social Sciences.
|9||PROJECT GUTENBERG||• Project Gutenberg is an online library of free eBooks. It was the first provider of free electronic books, or eBooks. Michael Hart, founder of Project Gutenberg, invented eBooks in 1971 and his memory continues to inspire the creation of eBooks and related content today.|
• The content includes Education Bookshelf, Law Bookshelf, Fiction Bookshelf, Psychology and Philosophy Bookshelf, Technology Bookshelf and etc.
|10||SAYLOR ACADEMY OPEN TEXTBOOKS||• The open textbooks on this page include several titles published through Saylor Academy’s Open Textbook Challenge and a collection of titles re-published by Saylor Academy in 2012.|
• eBooks available for Accounting, Management and Leadership, Advertising, Sales, and Marketing, Business Law, Business – General/Miscellaneous, Social Sciences, Science and Mathematics, Writing and Communication, and Professional and Personal Development.